CCP Pathway: Graphic Design Certificate
This certificate program consists of seven (7) courses and 312 hours of instruction. The coursework will focus on graphic design principles & concepts utilizing Adobe Design software and web applications for graphic designers. Students can expect to learn about current design and technology. Using state-of-the-art software and resources, the Graphic Arts faculty will train students in all areas of design as well as logo creation, color theory, and newly emerging areas in the field.CCP Graphic Design Program Overview
Classes are held at our Downtown Campus and/or online. Delivery mode is subject to change.
The Career Technical Education/Workforce Development Pathway (CTE/WCEP)
Tuition free course hours that lead to technician education certificate, State, or Industry Recognized Credential aligned with a high school career cluster. Students are responsible for the following CFCC fees:
- Parking & Security- $5.00
- Technology Fee – $5.00
Students are responsible for maintaining an active Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. This subscription is required for the program and is utilized for assignments that must be completed outside the classroom. There is a student subscription rate available, please visit Adobe.com for more information.
Eligibility & Admission Requirements
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Have a weighted GPA of 2.8 on high school courses or your principal’s approval
- If GPA is lower than 2.8, assessment testing is required
- For details on eligibility and admissions requirements, please speak to your high school career counselor
Application Process* for Public High School Students
- Complete the CTE WCEP Online Application
- Read Approval Form DocuSign Instructions before proceeding to next step
- Complete the Career Technical Approval Form
- Eugene Ashley High School
- Laney High School
- Hoggard High School
- New Hanover High School
- Pender HS
- Heide Trask HS
- Mosley Career Readiness Academy
Note: If your school is not listed, please contact email@example.com .
Once you have completed your application process (see above*), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your intent to enroll in the CTE/WCEP Graphic Design Pathway.
Registration Documentation Requirements
Once you have emailed, email@example.com to express intent to enroll in the CTE/WCEP Graphic Design Pathway, you will receive an email with additional registration instructions. Below outlines the required documentation required to complete your registration.
- CTE WCEP Acceptance Letter
- Copy of current High School Transcript must be provided
- Other documentation may be required
Eligibility for Continued Enrollment in CCP (CTE/WCEP Pathway)
To maintain eligibility for continued enrollment, a student must:
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation.
- Continue to make progress toward successful completion of the Workforce Continuing Education pathway as defined by the pathway syllabus.
- A student who doesn’t meet these criteria will be subject to the college’s policy for unsatisfactory progress.
- For more information about this CCP Pathway application process, available programs, enrollment, and eligibility, please visit your High School Career Counselor.
Graphic Design Program Expectations and Goals
- Courses must be taken in the order listed
- Students can take a maximum of 2 classes at a time
- Prerequisites and corequisites must be followed
- Successful completion of all courses is required to receive a certificate
|Foundations of Design||None||None|
|Adobe Design I||Foundations of Design||Foundations of Design|
|Adobe Design II||Foundations & Adobe Design I||Adobe Illustrator|
|Adobe Illustrator||Foundations of Design & Adobe I||Adobe II|
|Adobe Photoshop||Foundations of Design, Adobe I, Adobe II, Adobe Illustrator||Web Applications|
|Web Applications||Foundations of Design, Adobe I, Adobe II, Adobe Illustrator||Adobe Photoshop|
|Capstone Portfolio||Foundations, Adobe I, Adobe II, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Web Applications||N/A-
Final course in the series, all other courses listed above must have been successfully completed prior to taking Capstone Portfolio.
Students can take a maximum of two classes at a time. Below is the required program plan for students taking two classes per semester.
|Foundations of Design||Semester I|
|Adobe Design I||Semester I|
|Adobe Design II||Semester II|
|Adobe Illustrator||Semester II|
|Adobe Photoshop||Semester III|
|Web Applications||Semester III|
|Capstone Portfolio||Semester IV|
*Courses are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment.
Accessing CFCC online
- It is required to use your MyCFCC and CFCC email
- Once class begins, all email communications will be via CFCC email
Directions for setting up your account
- Go to https://cfcc.edu/
- Click on “MyCFCC”
- Click “First Time User”
- Follow prompts provided
- Go to https://cfcc.edu/
- Click on “MyCFCC”
- Log into “MYCFCC” (*account must be created, see above to create your account)
- Click on “My Classes/Blackboard”
Program & Course Registration Information
- Students and instructors must wear face coverings and exercise social distancing at all times.
- Students who are not complying with COVID policies will be asked to leave class and will be referred to student services before allowed to return to class. Student Services: 910-362-7191
- Students and Instructors who have tested positive or known-exposure can call the campus COVID hotline for direction on what to do: 910-362-7725