Home / Admissions / Admissions Steps / Foreign National & International Students

Foreign National & International Students

We’re glad you’re here! To apply to Cape Fear Community College, follow our new student steps . In addition to the general admission process, you may be required to submit immigration documents. Please review the following information, and if applicable, submit the appropriate documentation to the Admissions Office:

Permanent Residents

Permanent residents are required to submit a copy of their valid permanent resident card to the Office of Admissions.

Students with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) Status

Applicants with valid deferred action for childhood arrival (DACA) are eligible to attend curriculum courses and must submit a copy of the DACA approval notice to the Office of Admissions.

Foreign Transcripts

Foreign transcripts must be evaluated and translated (if applicable), by a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services ( naces.org ) or a current member of the Association of International Credential Evaluators ( aice-eval.org ). Completed evaluations, along with copies of the original transcript(s), should be sent directly from the evaluation agency to CFCC Admissions. If the evaluation is sent directly to you, in order for it to be considered official, it must remain in the original sealed envelope. Once opened, it is no longer considered official.

Mailing Address

Cape Fear Community College
Office of Admissions
411 North Front Street
Wilmington, North Carolina 28401

Undocumented Immigrants

According to state board code 1D SBCCC 400.2 Admission to Colleges, community colleges shall admit an undocumented immigrant only if he or she attended and graduated from a US public high school, private high school, or home school that operates in compliance with State or local law. Undocumented immigrants will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate, can be prohibited from enrolling in programs that lead to professional licenses, and are required to register on the final day of registration.

International Students

CFCC does not issue the I-20 necessary for a student visa (F, J, or M). Applicants with tourist visas (B) are not eligible to attend curriculum courses. If you have another valid visa, you may be eligible to enroll. If you have questions, please contact CFCC’s Director of Admissions at scoulthard@cfcc.edu .


DACAmented and Undocu-Friendly Financial Resources at CFCC and NC
Translate »