CFCC’s Economic & Workforce Development offers financial assistance to help you get the training you need.
Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund
The fund provides scholarships to eligible community college students pursuing high-demand workforce training programs within 10 pathways leading to a state or industry-recognized credential. Browse eligible programs using the link below.
- Alarms 101 and/or Alarms 102 Fire Alarm System Technician (FAST)
- Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT)
- Construction Core Skills (Burgaw Center)
- Diesel Mechanics (6 courses Burgaw Center)
- Electrical Apprenticeship, all levels
- Electrical Lineworker
- HVAC (Burgaw and Surf City Center)
- Plumbing and Pipefitting Level 1 Apprenticeship
- Welding (Burgaw Center)
Healthcare/Fire and Rescue/EMS
- Advanced EMT
- AEMT to Paramedic Bridge
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counseling (must be enrolled in class 5, 6, 7 or 8)
- EMR to EMT Bridge
- EMT Initial
- Firefighter 2019 Series
- Firefighter 2019 Block 1
- Firefighter 2019 Block 2
- Firefighter 2019 Block 3
- Fire Officer III
- Medical Billing and Coding (must have completed Med Term/Anatomy & Physiology)
- Nurse Aide I
- Nurse Aide II
- TR Technical Rescuer Block
Software Development (Spring 2021)
Truck Driver Training
- Resident of North Carolina
- Students enrolling in Workforce Continuing Education (WCE) pathways/courses offered for 96 hours or more and leading to a State or industry-recognized credential.These pathways may consist of a single WCE course or a series of courses.
- Students applying for the scholarship must be enrolled in one of the ten eligible programs of study.
CFCC Foundation Scholarships
The Continuing Education Scholarship application is available for scholarship opportunities in the following programs: Electrical Lineworker, Electrical Apprenticeship, Emergency Medical Services, Fire Alarm Safety, Law Enforcement, and Nurse Aide.