CFCC’s Economic & Workforce Development offers financial assistance to help you get the training you need.
Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund
The fund provides scholarships to eligible community college students pursuing high-demand workforce training programs within 10 pathways leading to a state or industry-recognized credential. Browse eligible programs using the link below.
- Alarms 101 and/or Alarms 102 Fire Alarm System Technician (FAST)
- Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT)
- Construction Core Skills (Burgaw Center)
- Diesel Mechanics (6 courses Burgaw Center)
- Electrical Apprenticeship, all levels
- Electrical Lineworker
- Historic Preservation Construction
- HVAC (Burgaw and Surf City Center)
- Plumbing and Pipefitting Level 1 Apprenticeship
- Welding (Burgaw Center)
Healthcare/Fire and Rescue/EMS
- Advanced EMT
- AEMT to Paramedic Bridge
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counseling (Must have completed CADC 1 for eligibility.)
- EMR to EMT Bridge
- EMT Initial
- Firefighter 2019 Series
- Firefighter 2019 Block 1
- Firefighter 2019 Block 2
- Firefighter 2019 Block 3
- Fire Officer III
- Medical Billing and Coding (must have completed Med Term/Anatomy & Physiology)
- Nurse Aide I
- Nurse Aide II
- TR Technical Rescuer Block
Software Development (Spring 2021)
Truck Driver Training
- Resident of North Carolina
- Students enrolling in Workforce Continuing Education (WCE) pathways/courses offered for 96 hours or more and leading to a State or industry-recognized credential.These pathways may consist of a single WCE course or a series of courses.
- Students applying for the scholarship must be enrolled in one of the ten eligible programs of study.
Want to get your award faster? Sign up for Direct Deposit now! Access the Refund Direct Deposit Instructions
CFCC Foundation Scholarships
The Continuing Education Scholarship application is available for scholarship opportunities in the following programs: Electrical Lineworker, Electrical Apprenticeship, Emergency Medical Services, Fire Alarm Safety, Law Enforcement, and Nurse Aide.
Robert C. Massengill Scholarship Application
The Cape Fear Electrical Contractors Association, Inc. established the Robert C. Massengill Scholarship Fund at CFCC in 2020 to honor the memory of Robert C. Massengill, an electrical contractor with a long history in the Wilmington area. Selected students in the Electrical Apprenticeship Level 1 course will receive a $600 scholarship to help finance the cost of tools essential to the electrical trade.
Call or visit your local NCWorks Career Center today to learn if you qualify for WIOA sponsorship! Eligibility factors apply. Ask to speak to a WIOA Title I Specialist.
NCWorks Career Center – New Hanover
1994 S. 17th Street,
Wilmington, NC 28401
NCWorks Career Center – Pender
904 S. Walker Street
Burgaw, NC 28425
NCWorks Career Center – Brunswick
5300-7 Main Street
Shallotte, NC 28470
Is the cost of the official GED exam ($20/test x 4 subject tests = $80) holding you back from taking it? If so, contact your GED-prep instructor for an application and information on qualifying for either a full (all 4 subjects) or partial (one or more subjects) GED exam scholarship.