Early College and CIHS Getting Started Guide
1. PROGRAM ID DOCUMENTS (MUST BE ON FILE BEFORE YOU CAN REGISTER FOR CLASSES)
- Social security card with signature for any individual with a social security number, tax ID card, or student visa. **(If a student has one of the previously listed items, it must be provided. Students who do not have these required documents must provide a written letter explaining that they do not have a social security card, tax ID card, or student visa. This letter will become part of the student’s file per state board guidelines).
- Government-issued photo ID with proof of date of birth
- Required ID documents should be attached and uploaded directly into your student file here (you will not have access to upload these documents until you have been formally admitted to the college and have set up your MyCFCC student portal account): Upload your ID documents
- The required ID documents can also be brought in person to the CFCC North Campus Student Services Office at the McKeithan Center (4500 Blue Clay Road) or the Admissions Office on the downtown campus inside the Union Station building (502 North Front Street).
- Please note: For the ID documents to meet standards established by the NC State Board of Cosmetic Arts, the names on the documents must match exactly (including hyphenated names and middle names) and must not be expired or expiring before or during the program duration, and must be completely legible – including all letters, numbers, and photos. Please do not submit documents that do not meet these requirements, as no exceptions can be made.
2. REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- Register online in the student portal in the self-service section. You can follow step-by-step directions and tutorials online at cfcc.edu/howtoregister .
- Need help with registration? Please make an appointment with the Cape Fear Community College Liaison at your School (Pender Early College: Natasha Eachus Snyder | Wilmington Early College: Aimee Helmus | SEATECH: Meredith Merrill.
- If a cosmetology course you try to register for is full, you can add your name to a course waitlist. If a seat opens and you are the next student on the waitlist, you will be notified via your CFCC student email account. You will have 24 hours to register for the class before the next student is offered your seat. Once you can no longer register for a term, the waitlist is deactivated, and you will need to attempt registration for a future course. Please check your CFCC student email frequently.
3. PROGRAM SPECIFIC COSTS, BOOKS, AND SUPPLIES
4. PROGRAM ORIENTATION
Once you register for cosmetology courses, you will be eligible to attend the Cosmetology Program Orientation at the North Campus. Orientation is required and provides an overview of program expectations and resources. You will be invited to participate in a program orientation session.
First-semester courses are typically offered in the fall and spring semesters and have a day and evening option.
*For the most up-to-date schedule information, review the course schedule for the term in which you wish to register*See curriculum and course sequence information.