Jessica GaffneyProgram Chair, Arts & Humanities, Theater Department: Arts & Humanities Humanities/Arts Center (WA) 3017
Wilmington Campus 910-362-7624 email@example.com
Jessica Gaffney earned her Master of Fine Arts from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. Ms. Gaffney has designed costumes for over seventy-five theatrical productions for various theatre companies and educational institutions. Recent credits include Fun Home for Mill Mountain Theatre in Roanoke, VA. In addition to her theatre work, Ms. Gaffney has served as a costume designer and production designer for several award-winning film projects screened at major festivals, including Cannes, Tribeca, Screamfest L.A., Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival, and the Cucalorus Film Festival in Wilmington, NC.
- Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.), Theatre Design, New York University
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Theatre, University at Albany
Awards and Publications
- Digital Makerspace Faculty Fellowship, the University of North Carolina Wilmington Spring 2022
- Wilma Woman to Watch Award Finalist in the Category of Education 2019
- YWCA Women of Achievement Nominee in the Category of Education 2020
- Broadway for a Better World Grant Recipient 2018-2022
- Contributor: 2021, Winter Dollars and Sense Professors and Other Experts Share Advice on Financing Your Theatre Degree by Amy Cuomo for Southern Theatre Magazine, published by Southeastern Theatre Conference
- Effect of Aikido, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Yoga on Functional Movement Screen (FMS) and Mobility, Activation, Posture, and Symmetry (MAPS) Scores. Poster presented at the American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA.Goldstein, T., Beaudet, A., Fields, jr.,W., Heijnen, M.J.H., Shields, A.T., Lothes, J., Siljander, L., Gaffney, J., Wood, M., Edwards, R.S., Gillan, R., DeSander, B., Hamilton, T., Berger, C., Hernandez, I., Ortiz, L., Hollingsworth, B. (2020).
- Technical Editor for the book “Make Your Own Toys: Sew Soft Bears, Bunnies, Monkeys, Puppies and More!” By Susan Havens, Published by Potter Craft, a division of Random House Inc. Summer 2010
- Technical Editor for the book Design It Yourself Clothes – Patternmaking Simplified By Cal Patch, Published by Potter Craft, a division of Random House Inc. Fall 2009
- Butterick and McCall’s Sewing Today Magazine and Vogue Patterns Magazine – Fabric and Notions Assistant Editor, February 2007 – October 2008 “