William HatchCE Instructor - AHS Department: Continuing Education/Basic Skills McLeod Building (S) 116
Wilmington Campus 910-362-7290 email@example.com
I am a lifelong learner that has worked in public schools and post-secondary schools for the last 35 years. My love is working with adolescent and adult learners in the areas of science and math. I began my career teaching high school chemistry and physics in upstate New York. After our move to NC, I continued teaching and started coaching at EA Laney High School.
Looking to make more of a difference, I pursued my Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership to become a public school principal. I quickly became a principal, working at all 3 levels, with most of my 23 years in middle schools. As I finished my career as a principal, I secured a teaching position in the Adult High School and GED programs part-time. Currently, I work as an AHS teacher and CASAS (GED) administrator with Cape Fear Community College.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Secondary Education Science and Chemistry, State University of New York Potsdam.
- Master of Education (M.Ed.), School Leadership & Administration, University of North Carolina Wilmington.
Awards and Publications
- Childrens Champion finalist with Smart Start of New Hanover County
- Principal of the Year for New Hanover County School
- District 13 PTA Educator of the Year
- Co Author of Effective Teacher Training Manual for NHCS, Wilmington NC.