Sharon Wozniak SpencerInstructor - FAH Art Department: Fine Arts/Art McLeod Building (S) 510
Wilmington Campus 910-362-7129 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Wozniak-Spencer grew up in the metropolitan area of Washington, DC. She was influenced heavily by her mother’s interest in art and frequent trips to the museums. This created a desire for Sharon to earn her BFA from art school at The University of Maryland, where she graduated in 1990. She continued to pursue an MA in art education at The Ohio State University and graduated in 1996. The degree afforded Sharon to teach at The Ohio State University as a teaching assistant and at local art galleries.
Sharon continued to be heavily involved in pursuing her art career through shows at The Cameron Art Museum, Land Fall Art Show, and The Arboretum Art Show. To develop her art further, she decided to pursue her MFA at The San Francisco Academy of Art University, where she graduated in 2017.
While at AAU, Sharon was an artist resident at the Hope Center in Wilmington, NC, where she created a series of paintings about “friends in need” and interned at The Cameron Art Museum in Wilmington, NC. Since graduation Sharon has been in several arts shows helping those in need through her work, at Cameron Art Museum solo show, Foxes Boxes, Expo 219, and Eden Village A Collective Exhibition.
Currently, Sharon is a professor for the art department at Cape Fear Community College, a teaching artist for the Cameron Art Museum, and continues to volunteer. Her latest venture is helping Eden Village raise money for tiny homes with her art collaborations and current group shows that Wozniak-Spencer carefully organized and presented. Sharon has also continued with her original love of landscapes and figures. She has been showing at Citrine Gallery, the Wilma Daniels Gallery, and ArtFields in South Carolina. Sharon paints portraits professionally and has her own business through SWS Gallery/ Studio, where she is often working, teaching, or showing her work.
Master of Fine Arts (MFA), The Academy of Art University
Master of Arts (MA), Ohio State University
- 2017 Internship awarded Cameron Art Museum, Wilmington, NC
- 2015-2018 Artist in Residency, Artist working with The Hope Center, Wilmington, NC
- 1994-1995 Art history teacher assistant fellowship, Ohio State University, OH
- 2022 Eden Village- created a community service project for CFCC cross-curricular Phi Theta Kappa, EWD, Health Field, and the Arts-ongoing project
- 2022 Group Facilitator for CFCC “College-Wide Summer Workshop” technology support for all fields
- 2022 Speaker for the French Film Festival on Josep- the story of the Spanish Civil War and France’s response to its refugee neighbors
- 2022 Speaker at NCCCS Fine Arts Conference- Spoke on Live, Blended, and Online Technology Support for all Arts Disciplines
- 2022 Grant writing proposal for Covid Relief Funds: CFCC AFA/ GRD Departments continued support through curriculum design materials for living, blended, and online. Working with Veterans Department, ACA support with articulation, AAU for articulation, additional support videos
- 2021 Grant Writing for Covid Relief Funds for CFCC AFA/GRD Departments to benefit students through support in curriculum design and materials for living, blended, and online. Creation of videos for all AFA/GRD student use through technology, created support page online, plaster casts resources
- 2021 Speaker at NCCCS Fine Arts Conference- Spoke on student success during covid and digital portfolios