CCP Pathway: Apartment Maintenance Technician
This certificate program is designed to meet the training requirement for certification as an apartment maintenance technician. There are seven training modules; 1) Inside the Apartment Business, 2) People, Projects, and Profits, 3) Electrical Maintenance and Repair,) Plumbing Maintenance and Repair, 5) Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Maintenance and Repair, 6) Appliance Maintenance and Repair, and 7) Interior and Exterior Maintenance and Repair, and 8) OSHA 10.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have met the training/educational requirements to test for their Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician Certificate. Students will also earn an OSHA-10 certification
Classes are held at the North Campus. Delivery mode is subject to change.
THE CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION/WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PATHWAY (CTE/WCEP)
Tuition free course hours that lead to technician education certificate, State, or Industry Recognized Credential aligned with a high school career cluster. Students are responsible for the following CFCC fees:
- Parking & Security- $5.00
- Materials Fee – $320.00
ELIGIBILITY & ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Have a weighted GPA of 2.8 on high school courses or your principal’s approval
- If GPA is lower than 2.8, assessment testing is required
- For details on eligibility and admissions requirements, please speak to your high school career counselor
APPLICATION PROCESS* FOR PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Complete the CTE WCEP Online Application
- Read Approval Form DocuSign Instructions before proceeding to next step
- Complete the Career Technical Approval Form
- Eugene Ashley High School
- Laney High School
- Hoggard High School
- New Hanover High School
- Pender HS
- Heide Trask HS
- Topsail High School
*Home School & Private School Students, please contact a Workforce Development Coordinator at email@example.com or 910-362-7667 .
Once you have completed your application process (see above*), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your intent to enroll in the CTE/WCEP Certified Apartment Maintenance Pathway.
REGISTRATION DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
Once you have emailed, email@example.com to express intent to enroll in the CTE/WCEP Certified Apartment Maintenance Pathway, you will receive an email with additional registration instructions. Below outlines the required documentation required to complete your registration.
- CTE WCEP Acceptance email
- Copy of current High School Transcript must be provided
- Other documentation may be required
ELIGIBILITY FOR CONTINUED ENROLLMENT IN CCP (CTE/WCEP PATHWAY)
To maintain eligibility for continued enrollment, a student must:
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation.
- Continue to make progress toward successful completion of the Workforce Continuing Education pathway as defined by the pathway syllabus.
- A student who doesn’t meet these criteria will be subject to the college’s policy for unsatisfactory progress.
- For more information about this CCP Pathway application process, available programs, enrollment, and eligibility, please visit your High School Career Counselor.