CCP Pathway: Engine Mechanic Certificate
This certificate program consists of four (4) courses and 384 hours of instruction. Students will learn theory and operation related to the overall function of engines, fuel, air, AC & DC and electrical found in common lawn equipment. The Outboard courses are Yamaha Marine University approved courses and will provide instruction related to the core skills used by mechanics for marine outboard systems. Students can expect to learn the basics of boating, fuel system components, outboard electrical systems, as well as a fundamental understanding of the marine industry, and marine service careers.
Our instructor is a Yamaha-certified marine mechanic who will teach you how to keep outboard systems running great!
Students will earn the following certifications upon successful completion of each course:
|Small Engines||OSHA 10|
|Intro to Outboard Systems||Yamaha Intro to Outboard Systems Certificate|
|Outboard Systems I – Mid Range||Yamaha Maintenance Certification – Mid Range|
|Outboard Systems II – Inline||Yamaha Maintenance Certification – Inline|
Classes are held at our Downtown Campus. Delivery mode is subject to change.
THE CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION/WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PATHWAY (CTE/WCEP)
Tuition free course hours that lead to technician education certificate, State, or Industry Recognized Credential aligned with a high school career cluster. Students are responsible for the following CFCC fees:
- Parking & Security- $5.00
- Technology Fee – $5.00
- Textbook – $125.00
- Materials Fee – $70
ELIGIBILITY & ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Have a weighted GPA of 2.8 on high school courses or your principal’s approval
- If GPA is lower than 2.8, assessment testing is required
- For details on eligibility and admissions requirements, please speak to your high school career counselor
APPLICATION PROCESS* FOR PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Complete the CTE WCEP Online Application
- Read Approval Form DocuSign Instructions before proceeding to next step
- Complete the Career Technical Approval Form
- Eugene Ashley High School
- Laney High School
- Hoggard High School
- New Hanover High School
- Pender HS
- Southeast Area Technical High School (SEA-Tech)
- Heide Trask HS
- Topsail High School
- Mosley Career Readiness Academy
- Note: If your school is not listed, please contact email@example.com .
- Students MUST have their parent’s name and email address before clicking to complete the approval form *Home School & Private School Students, please contact a Workforce Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-362-7883 .
Once you have completed your application process (see above*), please contact email@example.com to express your intent to enroll in the CTE/WCEP Engine Mechanic Pathway.
REGISTRATION DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
Once you have emailed, firstname.lastname@example.org to express intent to enroll in the CTE/WCEP Engine Mechanic Pathway, you will receive an email with additional registration instructions. Below outlines the required documentation required to complete your registration.
- CTE WCEP Acceptance Email
- Copy of current High School Transcript must be provided
- Other documentation may be required
ELIGIBILITY FOR CONTINUED ENROLLMENT IN CCP (CTE/WCEP PATHWAY)
To maintain eligibility for continued enrollment, a student must:
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation.
- Continue to make progress toward successful completion of the Workforce
- Continuing Education pathway as defined by the pathway syllabus.
- A student who doesn’t meet these criteria will be subject to the college’s policy for unsatisfactory progress.
- For more information about this CCP Pathway application process, available programs, enrollment, and eligibility, please visit your High School Career Counselor.
Engine Mechanic PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS AND GOALS
- Courses must be taken in the order listed
- Prerequisites must be followed
- Successful completion of all courses is required to receive a certificate
|Intro to Outboard Systems||Small Engines|
|Outboard Systems I – Mid Range||Intro to Outboard Systems|
|Outboard Systems II – Inline||Intro to Outboard Systems|