Certified Risk Adjustment Coder
Advance your Certified Professional Coder credential with certified risk adjustment coding courses!
Please Note: You must be a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) to be eligible to take this course. This course/exam is specific to risk management and finance billing/coding.
As a Certified Risk Adjustment Coder, you will be able to:
- Review and assign accurate medical codes for diagnoses performed by physicians and other qualified healthcare providers in the office or facility setting (e.g., inpatient hospital)
- Thoroughly comprehend medical coding guidelines and regulations including compliance and reimbursement and the impact of diagnosis coding on risk adjustment payment models
- Understand the audit process for risk adjustment models
- Identify and communicate documentation deficiencies to providers to improve documentation for accurate risk adjustment coding
- Understand the anatomy, pathophysiology, and medical terminology necessary to correctly code diagnoses