This comprehensive course provides instruction and clinical practice in manicuring, nail building (application and maintenance of artificial nails), and pedicuring. The course content includes nail anatomy, disorders of nails, and irregularities of nails; theory and business skills as it relates to manicuring; actual practice in manicuring; and arm, hand, and foot massage.
Nail Tech students must complete 300 hours before applying to the State Board of Cosmetic Arts for examination. Students enrolled only in Nail Tech shall only perform services directly relating to the prescribed course in manicuring.
Please note, this is a comprehensive course to provide training for those persons interested in becoming registered manicurists only and not desiring to become licensed cosmetologists. Courses are offered each semester, both during daytime (9 am – 3 pm) and evening (5 pm – 10 pm) hours. Days of the week the class is offered varies. Please refer to individual class offerings for specific details.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will obtain a temporary license allowing them to work in a salon, spa, shop, etc… Before the expiration of that license, students must sit for and successfully pass a state board examination in Raleigh at the Board of Cosmetic Arts.
While students are not guaranteed job placement at the end of this program, students will gain exposure to local shops and nail salons throughout the program with the strong potential of obtaining future employment. Previous students have found a high success rate in finding employment and a few currently own and operate their own salon.Program Requirements
Program and Course Information
Registration: $230 per student (students can register in person at the Cosmetology building, located at the North Campus, Room ND210 or online).
8th edition Milady Standard Nail Technology Bundle
- Master Nail Technology Kit (including secure resin, nail tips, well tips, nail trimmer, cleanser, nail powders, brushes, monomer, wipes, and other materials students will need)
- Available at the North Campus Bookstore.
- Uniform (Cherokee V-neck navy blue scrubs, top $25 & pants $20 available at North Campus bookstore and anywhere scrubs are sold)
- Black Tennis Shoes (solid black without any markings)
- CFCC Student ID Card (students can have an ID card made at the Wilmington Campus or North Campus between 8 am – 5 pm, M – F)
- Students will need to bring a copy of their driver’s license and Social Security card to the first day of class for the State Board.
*All prices are subject to change