NASM Certified Nutrition Coach
Certified Nutrition Coach Training Online
Nutrition coaches help their clients use nutrition to achieve their healthiest lives. Certification by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) adds industry-wide recognition of your understanding of nutrition science and the behavior changes that lead to great health.
In this 100% online course you will learn the foundations of nutrition and how to apply them to create health strategies for your coaching clients. Successful completion makes you a NASM Certified Nutrition Coach.Enroll Now
Job Outlook for Certified Nutrition Coach
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects job demand for Dietitians and Nutritionists to grow by 8% between now and 2029. This is much faster than the forecast growth for all jobs. The BLS cites the role of food in preventing and treating diseases as a leading driver of this strong growth.
According to PayScale.com, certified nutrition specialists earn $53,914 per year. Nutrition coaches earn $24.57 per hour, or around $50,000 per year, on average. Top nutrition coaches earn $124,000 per year.
Certified Nutrition Coach FAQs
- Foundational principles of nutrition science, including metabolism, macronutrients, micronutrients, hydration, alcohol, and nutrient timing
- How culture, age, geographic region, and socioeconomic status influence dietary eating patterns
- To customize a communication and coaching approach to fit your client’s profile
- To conduct a comprehensive client assessment and body composition testing
- To explain the mechanisms and science behind trending diets
- As a NASM Certified Nutrition Coach, you will be able to coach clients in both fitness and nutrition
- Be able to create customized, evidence-based nutrition programs for your fitness clients
- Gain the skills and expertise needed to fill several health and fitness jobs, such as sports nutritionist, weight management consultant, and wellness coach
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
This course follows the fundamental NASM Certified Nutrition Coach guidelines, which include:
- Nutritional Science
- Behavior Change Strategies
- Nutrition Coaching
This fully online course is not instructor-facilitated; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is open enrollment. You can enroll and begin anytime.Enroll Now