Certificate in Mediation and Arbitration
This course will provide you with the comprehensive training needed to become a certified mediation or arbitration professional. It is structured around the Mediators Without Borders INACCORD® conflict resolution model, and offers you the chance to practice your skills through simulated role-playing exercises. Skills covered include facilitating hearings, weighing evidence and testimony, and rendering awards, as well as fundamentals of conflict analysis and resolution. Upon successful completion, Mediators Without Borders will award you four individual certificates in Mediation, Applied Mediation Practice, Arbitration and Professional Mediator and Arbitrator. A final exam is optional upon completion of the course.
What you will learn
- Articulate the use of the INACCORD® Conflict Analysis model for use in mediation and arbitration
- Examine the three phases and four stages of the INACCORD® model used in mediation and arbitration
- Explore the pre-interview and post-interview phases of the INACCORD® mediation and arbitration model
- Apply the Touchstone Skills of questioning, reflecting, and reframing to simulated mediation and arbitration cases
- Apply INACCORD® surveys to simulated mediation and arbitration cases, and analyze the results
- Examine and apply the INACCORD® model to the most common workplace disputes
How you will benefit
- Receive four individual certificates in Mediation, Applied Mediation Practice, Arbitration and Professional Mediator and Arbitrator
- Prepare yourself for a career as a mediator or arbitrator within the state or local government, finance, and insurance industries, or private practice
- Use your improved conflict resolution skills to solve disputes in the home or workplace
- Understand how to effectively help others negotiate and collaborate through disputes
Justice and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Overview of INACCORD® Conflict Analysis Model
Phases and Stages of the INACCORD® Conflict Analysis Model
The Touchstone Skills Part I
The Touchstone Skills Part II
Crafting the Memorandum of Agreement
Special Issues in Mediation
Legal Processes and Ethics
INACCORD® Conflict Analysis in Practice
Touchstone Skills in Practice
INACCORD® Demo Practice
Facilitating INACCORD® Phase Two, Stage 1 Interventions
Facilitating the INACCORD® Caucus
INACCORD® Phase Two, Stages 2 & 3 Interventions
INACCORD® Phase Two, Stage 4 Interventions
Ethical Dilemmas and Mitigation
Arbitration, Justice, and Ethics
INACCORD® Conflict Analysis model for Arbitration & Phase One
The Preliminary Conference
Directing the Hearing: Part I
Directing the Hearing: Part II
Closing the Hearing
Rendering the Award
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- You need a microphone to participate in the role play practices.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word (not included in enrollment).
- Windows Media Player (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- In Justice, INACCORD®
- Touchstone Skills for Authentic Communication
- INACCORD Arbitration, Basic Skills for the New Arbitrator (PDF)
Naseem Ghaffari, JD assists with investigations related to employee relations issues, while effectively and accurately maintaining confidential employee relations. She monitors precedents and manages consistency in EEO practices: Including critical incident management, investigations, contract negotiations, and resolution recommendations. Naseem has 7+ years’ experience resolving disputes in the workplace and international environments and has extensive investigative experience. She is an expert in negotiations, bargaining, and mediation resulting in favorable agreements and contract terms. In order to do so, she fosters reconciliations to improve organizational effectiveness and employee performance. Most recently, she worked in the public sector as an Employee Relations, EEO and ADA consultant. In addition to this, she holds a Juris Doctorate, has a Masters Certification in International Conflict Resolution and Mediation, and is a Certified California Mediator.