Truck Driver Training
Truck Driver Training prepares individuals to drive tractor-trailers rigs. This program teaches proper driving procedures, safe driver responsibility, commercial motor vehicle laws and regulations, and the basic principles and practices for operating commercial vehicles.
The coursework includes motor vehicle laws and regulations, map reading, vehicle maintenance, safety procedures, daily logs, defensive driving, freight handling, security, and fire protection. Highway driving, training range exercises, and classroom lectures are used to develop the student’s knowledge and skills.
Graduates of the curriculum are qualified to take the Commercial Driver’s License Exam and gain employment with commercial trucking firms. They may also become owner-operators and work as private contract haulers.Truck Driver Training Information Packet
Day and evening classes are available throughout each semester. Required documents to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .Search and Register for Upcoming Courses
- Long Form Physical DOT Medical Card, and Pre-Employment Drug Screen (no more than 30 days old with the results faxed to CFCC). Negative result must be on file before any driving!
- DMV Driving Record. May be obtained online at ncdot.org/dmv or mail request form DL-DPPA-1 (last page of the Truck Driver Training Information Packet ).
- You must be at least 18 years old and have a valid NC Driver’s License with Class A CDL permit including Tanker Endorsement.
A high school diploma or GED is not a requirement for enrollment to this program!
- Felony drug possession charge
- License Suspension
- Refusal to take a chemical test
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Careless and reckless
- More than three (3) moving violations
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. | Monday – Friday | 6.5 Weeks
|June 22 – August 5, 2020|
|August 10 – September 23, 2020|
|September 28 – November 10, 2020|
|November 16, 2020 – January 15, 2021|
|January 19 – March 3, 2021|
|March 8 – April 21, 2021|
|April 26 – June 9, 2021|
Evening Class Schedule
5:30 to 10:30 p.m.| Monday-Friday | 10 Weeks
|June 22 – August 31, 2020|
|September 3 – November 12, 2020|
|November 16, 2020 – February 11, 2021|
|February 15 – April 22, 2021|
|April 26 – July 6, 2021|