Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
How to Register for the TEAS Test
Set up an account on the Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) website .
- When setting up your ATI account , please create a username and password that you’ll remember. You’ll need that information at your testing session.
- In the area labeled “Institution Information,” please note:
- Registered Nursing applicants should choose Cape Fear CC ADN.
- Practical Nursing applicants should choose Cape Fear CC PN.
- Health Occupations applicants (Medical and Cardiovascular Sonography, Radiography, Veterinary Technology, Surgical Technology, Dental Hygiene, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technology) should choose Cape Fear CC AH.
- In the box labeled Student ID, you must use your 7-digit CFCC ID number.
Please note: For applicants applying to Nursing (RN and PN) and Health Occupations programs, the Nursing TEAS Tests and the Allied Health TEAS test are identical and can be used across all programs.
- On-Campus Option (Union Station Testing Center): Applicants to CFCC may take the test a total of two times on campus during the fall, spring, and summer application cycles. The allowed total of two on-campus sessions covers all programs. It is not two sessions per program. This option is only for CFCC applicants. Testers who are not applicants or students at CFCC are not permitted to test at CFCC. The cost of the on-campus CFCC proctored option is $85.00. CFCC applicants can use the link below to explore on-campus testing options.
- To be admitted to your testing session, you must present government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, or green card.
- You will not be admitted to the test if you do not have your ID or if your ID does not meet the following requirements:
- Current photograph
- Examinee signature
- Permanent address
- Please note: a credit card photo, temporary license, or student ID does not meet these criteria.
- Please follow all additional requirements and suggestions on the ATI webpage for on-campus testing.
- Off-Campus Testing Options: Note: These options may provide a greater variety of available dates and times.
- At-Home Proctored Tests by ATI Proctors – Cost $115.00
- TEAS Testing at a PSI Testing Center – Cost $115.00
Requirements for On-Campus Testing
Register for an On-Campus TEAS Test
Registration guides are available for each option and can be reviewed here .
Testing with Accommodations
Accommodations may be available to testers with documented disabilities.
Testers who want to take the test on campus at the CFCC Union Station Testing Center must contact CFCC’s Student Accessibility Services (SAS) to request accommodations. Call 910-362-7800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please Note: On-campus accommodated testing sessions have a separate scheduling and registration process from the on-campus group sessions.
If approved for accommodations, the SAS will coordinate your on-campus accommodated test with CFCC’s Testing Services.
Do not register online for other testing options if you want to take your accommodated test on campus at CFCC! The cost for an on-campus accommodated test session is $85.00.
Accommodations may also be available for the At-Home ATI proctored option and the PSI Test Center option. Testers using these options do not contact the CFCC Accessibility Services office. Those requests are processed by ATI or PSI, respectively.Get more information about testing with accommodations →
Testers can see their test scores approximately two hours after completion.
- On-Campus Testers: The transcripts for testers on campus are available to CFCC staff electronically once the test is completed. CFCC Testing Services will provide these transcripts to the Health Science Enrollment team.
- At-Home Proctored and PSI Test Center Testers: Testers will receive one complimentary transcript when registering for the test and can choose CFCC to receive that transcript automatically. CFCC Testing Services will provide these transcripts to the Health Science Enrollment Center.
Testers who have tested for programs at other colleges can request that their transcript be made available to CFCC for an additional charge to ATI of $27.00 per transcript.Get more information about transcripts →
Resources for TEAS Test Takers
The ATI TEAS website has a variety of resources that are available to testers to help prepare and practice for the TEAS test.Get TEAS testing resources →
Access the CFCC Library TEAS Research Guide →