Home / Programs of Study / Education & Public Service / Early Childhood Education / Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get started?
  • Complete an application for Cape Fear Community College (available online at www.cfcc.edu).
  • Arrange to take the placement tests. (Contact: Student Services at (910)362-7043).
  • Register for classes during registration time periods.


Do I have to take the placement tests?
Yes. Placement tests are a part of the admissions process.

Do you have classes online?
  • Yes. Some Early Childhood classes are offered as hybrid classes.
  • Other required courses (English, Math, Psychology etc.) in the Early Childhood degree may be offered online.
I took Early Childhood classes in High School. Do I have to take EDU 119 to get my NC Early Childhood Credentials
  • Contact Director of Counseling Jackie Foster 910-362-7019 concerning the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for eligibility requirements.
  • High School transcripts, Vocat scores, etc. will need to be presented to the Director of Counseling for evaluation.
Are all the lab classes and the practicum done in the CFCC Child Development Center?
  • Yes. EDU 151A Creative Activities Lab, EDU 234A Infant, Toddlers and Twos Lab, EDU 251A Exploration Activities Lab, and EDU 280A Language and Literacy Lab primarily conduct activities in the CFCC Child Development Center.
  • EDU 284 Early Childhood Capstone Practicum is also completed in the CFCC Child Development Center.
Translate »