Apartment Maintenance Technician
Learn about the apartment business and about appliance and systems maintenance, electrical/plumbing/HVAC systems, and more for employment in entry-level technician positions. Lectures, demos, field trips, and hands-on labs reinforce learning. This course fulfills one of the requirements for the Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT).
This course prepares students for entry-level employment in maintenance in the rental housing industry. It covers interior and exterior maintenance, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and appliance repair – and includes lectures and hands-on labs. On completion, students will have met one of the requirements for the Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) and will be eligible to take the Section 608 EPA and CAMT Exams.
Seven Training Modules
- Inside the Apartment Business
- People, Projects and Profits
- Electrical Maintenance and Repair
- Plumbing Maintenance and Repair
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Maintenance and Repair
- Appliance Maintenance and Repair
- Interior and Exterior Maintenance and Repair
Students will have the opportunity to connect with local property management companies.
Job & Industry
*BLS 2018, nationwide data
* DISCLAIMER: This information serves only as an example and does not guarantee future employment with the companies listed. Salary range will vary based on job title, previous work experience, geographic location and employer.Learn more about earning your Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technician Search & register for upcoming courses