Update for Fall 2023
The PSB company ceased to offer its test products effective August 31, 2022. Therefore, the CFCC health science/nursing faculty and Student Services units rolled out new testing guidelines for health science and nursing applicants. The TEAS test (by ATI; versions 6 and 7) will be used in place of the PSB.
Summary of the changes for 2023
- Students must have the TEAS test(s) completed and meet the cut-off score and all other minimum requirements prior to filing an Intent (specific for each program).
- The 9-digit TEAS student number and test date will be required on the Intent form. An official score report must be on file at (or accessible to) CFCC before filing the Intent AND before the end of the application period.
- Applicants may test numerous times (no limits) and should use the highest test as part of their Intent (the form has been changed to require this information; only one set of scores should be submitted)
- There is only one TEAS test that will be used by the nursing and health science majors.
- See application deadlines below.
- Students may test in various ways as this test is not “by invitation only”. They may visit the CFCC Testing Services website and schedule a test to be taken at CFCC ($85.00), test remotely ($115.00), use a PSI testing site ($115.00), or test at another college or university (costs vary).
- Information packets and Point Count Sheets for 2023 are forthcoming.
The Medical Sonography program’s goal is to prepare competent entry-level medical sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains. From scanning all stages of pregnancy to imaging internal organs and blood vessels, a career in medical sonography has infinite possibilities. CFCC’s program is nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Graduates of a CAAHEP Accredited Program are eligible to seek certification through the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Selective Admission Process
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE EACH ACADEMIC YEAR
The program is nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS).
9355 – 113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33775
|Wed||Oct. 26, 2022||12:30-1:30 p.m.||Union Station 170|
|Tue||Feb. 28, 2023||9-10 a.m.||Union Station 170|
Graduates of CFCC’s Medical Sonography program have achieved a 100% pass rate on their certification exams since 2006!
Helpful LinksARDMS.org (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography)
NCUS.org (North Carolina Ultrasound Society)
CAAHEP.org (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs) CAAHEP grants allied health education programs national accreditation. The Sonography Program is CAAHEP accredited.
Attrition, Job Placement, and Credential Success Rate
Class of 2021
- 7 out of 10 graduated
- 100% are employed
- 100% successfully completed Registry Exams