Skip to content
Terms and Conditions
- Financial Aid awards are conditional upon enrollment and class attendance in an eligible program at Cape Fear Community College (CFCC).
- Students must attend all classes in which they are registered before receiving a financial aid disbursement.
- Students who have registered for classes but do not attend at least once by the 10 percent date of the class will be dropped by the instructor as “never attended”. No tuition and fee adjustments will be made. Financial aid awards for students reported as “never attended” will be adjusted appropriately.
- Student enrollment will be reviewed at the end of the add/drop period of each semester. Awards are based upon the number of credit hours in which the student is registered (i.e. full-time = 12 or more credits, three-quarter time = 9 – 11 credits, half-time = 6 – 8 credits), and original awards will be adjusted/pro-rated if required.
- Financial Aid awards for Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) and Cosmetology students will be processed based on the number of clock hours the student successfully completes and the number of weeks elapsed.
- Only classes required for the student’s major are funded by financial aid. Students will not receive financial aid for audited classes or classes not in the student’s major.
- Students must notify the Financial Aid Office of any changes in enrollment status and class schedule. Students who register for 2nd Mini classes after the start of the semester will NOT receive financial aid for those classes. Changes to this policy are effective with the Summer 2012 semester. Please see News & Announcements on Home Page for further details.
- Students will be subjected to the financial aid return policy if they withdraw from all classes after receiving their award and after using the funds to satisfy tuition and fee charges and textbook purchases. Recalculation of financial aid eligibility is based on the student’s last date of attendance in the classroom.
- Students must notify the Financial Aid Office of any additional resources received from any other source, including loans, scholarships and grants, employment, and educational benefits. Award adjustment may be necessary.
- To remain eligible for financial aid, students must maintain satisfactory academic progress by maintaining a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA and successfully completing 67 percent of all classes attempted.
- Awards are contingent upon receipt of adequate funds from sponsoring agencies, including the Federal and State governments. Changes in allocations may result in changes to individual awards.
- Financial Aid is to be used only for expenses related to attendance at CFCC (i.e. tuition and fees, books and supplies, and housing and transportation expenses).
- All academic year length awards, except Federal Work-Study, are disbursed by semester to coincide with CFCC tuition and fees billing cycle. One semester only loans may be disbursed in two equal disbursements within the semester.
- Time sheets for Federal Work-Study participants are due on the 15th of each month. Earnings are paid on the last day of the month.
- By accepting financial aid awards, recipients authorize CFCC to share information requested by sponsors and funding agencies.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make certain that the address on file in the Admissions Office is correct. All correspondence and refund checks are mailed to the address on file.