How does it work?
At each session, the Supplemental Instruction (SI) leader will guide the students through the course concepts. SI leaders will help students make good use of their time and share the strategies he or she used to be successful in the course. SI leaders will not re-lecture, give out copies of his or her notes, help students with assigned homework, or encourage last-minute test cramming.
How to Register
- Acquire an Instructor Recommendation Form (IRF) from one of our facilities or website
- Fill out the required information, including your signature
- Request that your course instructor include their signature at the bottom
- Deliver completed IRF Form to your SI Leader during your first session
- Repeat steps per each course in which you need assistance
What’s in it for students?
Students who attend SI sessions statistically earn better grades. Research shows that students regularly average one half to one full letter grade higher than their classmates who choose not to attend. Students are also able to transfer the skills they learn to other classes that do not offer SI support.